The calm steadiness of the senses…is called yoga.
- The Upanishads, Ancient Yoga Text
Transformed by the study of yoga and the journey into present-centered awareness, I encourage students to become aware that when you take the time to nourish, nurture and listen to your body, you become the conduits of your own healing, maximizing your life’s fullest potential. Whether teaching yoga or guided meditation, I am devoted to the path of healing, harmony and vitality. I view this quest into wellness, as a profound opportunity to explore and realize Yoga itself is the conduct of a person who moves with and of the world. I believe Yoga is not beyond your body, but rather it is the recognition of union ‘through’ your body, your breath, your mind, your heart and this experience right now.
Because every person has different physical needs, I work one on one in a private session or in a semi private session with a friend or a partner.
In these sessions you will:
- Learn to build and grow your yoga practice.
- Learn to understand and listen to your body
- Learn proper alignment
- Learn to modify poses in a way that is unique to your body
- Learn to work with any injuries or conditions you may have which may make you hesitant to attend a group class
- Learn challenging poses with one-on-one support
- Decrease stress and your reaction to stress
- Improve focus and concentration through meditation and breath work
- Understand the principles of yoga philosophy and how they may apply to your life
- Grow a deeper connection with your Self
- Schedule a session at a time that fits into your life
How much you practice is much more meaningful than what type yoga you can or cannot do. You can fall out of a yoga pose with ease or with frustration and a sense of defeat. Just like you can take a spill in your life and dust yourself off with a chuckle or an annoyed grumble, and GET BACK UP. Falling down is a part of life, GETTING BACK UP IS LIVING.
Each program or service is undividualy customized, please contact me to develop a plan tailored for you.